“Together we are tackling this disease, and I want to reassure you that if we remain united and resolute, then we will overcome it.” This message from Her Majesty speaks to every context, and every ‘tribe’, within the UK and beyond.
People of declared Christian faith will hear in this message from The Queen, also a person of declared and unswerving Christian faith, that we need to remain united and resolute before God – spiritually and prayerfully.
- Praise: For the might and majesty, dominion and power of God Almighty. He may have allowed this severe test under His sovereign power, but He is turning to good, what the enemy intended for harm. He is over this! There is no uncertainty in heaven!
- Thanksgiving: “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?”…”We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
- Worship: You are our God and we are Your people, the sheep of Your pasture, the flock under Your care. (from Psalm 95:7)
- Intercession: O God our Father, heal our land! Physically, from epidemic sickness. Spiritually, from the sickness of unbelief and our rejection of You. We recall the promise of Scripture, in King Solomon’s words, that “if My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Blessing: In Your name, Lord Jesus, as those called by Your name, we bless our families, neighbours, friends, those who serve us and those who are there to care for us with expertise if we need it. May they know Your peace, Your protection, Your love for them – and hope in You, the confidence of knowing that ‘You have got this’. We bless our village or local community with a turning to God at this time, a re-kindling of forgotten faith, re-awakening of trust in Him, a new sense of the power of being united in prayer and purpose as those who on earth prayerfully agree together and with heaven (Matthew 18:19).